Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016
Planning and Development (Strategic Housing Development) Regulation 2017
Notice of Strategic Housing Development
Application to An Bord Pleanála
Ardstone Homes Limited intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for permission for a strategic housing development at this site at Capdoo, Clane, Co. Kildare.
The development will consist of demolition of all existing structures on site, including 1 no. habitable house, agricultural structures and domestic sheds; development of 366 no. new residential units; a childcare facility (316sqm GFA approx.); a new Link Road connecting the R407 (College Road/Kilcock Road) to Capdoo Park and the R403 (Celbridge Road) beyond, incorporating cycle tracks and footpaths on both sides of the carriageway, together with a new roundabout on the R407 and all necessary upgrades to existing junctions and road realignments at both the R407 and Capdoo Park; associated internal access roads, pedestrian and cycle paths and linkages; open space; and, all associated site and development works.
The residential development consists of the following:
• 98 no. apartments arranged in 3 no. Apartment Blocks comprising 4 no. one-bed apartments and 32 no. two-bed apartments in four-storey Block 1 with balconies on north, south and west elevations; 18 no. two-bed apartments in three-storey Block 2 with balconies on north and south elevations and 12 no. one-bed apartments and 32 no. two-bed apartments in three-storey Block 3 with balconies on north, east, south and west elevations. One-bed apartments range in size from 48.9sqm to 58.4sqm Gross Floor Area (GFA) each with two-bed apartments ranging in size from 79.1sqm to 86.5sqm GFA each;
• 12 no. one-bed, two-storey, own door apartments, ranging in size from 53.1sqm and 59.2sqm GFA each;
• 36 no. two-bed apartments, 83.7sqm GFA each, with 36 no. three bed duplex units above, ranging in size from 119.2 to 120.4sqm GFA each, in three-storey terraces;
• 19 no. two-bed, two-storey terraced houses, 86.6sqm GFA each and 1 no. two-bed, dormer, semi-detached house, 99.2sqm GFA;
• 75 no. three-bed, two-storey terraced, semi-detached and detached houses, ranging in size from 104.3sqm to 123.2sqm GFA each;
• 77 no. four-bed two-storey, end of terrace and semi-detached houses ranging in size from 128.4sqm to 142.2sqm GFA each;
• 12 no. five-bed, three-storey semi-detached houses, 195.2sqm GFA each.
In addition to the new vehicular access created by the Link Road, the proposed development includes new vehicular accesses, at Local Road L5078 (Capdoo Commons) to the north of the site and at Capdoo Park to the south of the site. 2 no. semi-detached dwellings located on the eastern boundary of the site are accessed directly from the adjoining Rural Road.
A total of 605 no. car parking spaces, including 587 no. spaces serving the residential units with 18 no. spaces designated for use by the childcare facility, and a total of 704 no. bicycle spaces are proposed. The associated site and infrastructural works include foul and surface water drainage, attenuation areas, provision of a foul pumping station, open space, boundary walls and fences, internal roads, cycle paths and footpaths including future potential pedestrian and cycle linkages to established residential areas and surrounding road network to north, east and south.
The application, together with the Environmental Impact Assessment Report, may be inspected, or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, during public opening hours at the offices of An Bord Pleanála and Kildare County Council. The application may also be inspected online at the following website set up by the applicant: www.capdooplanning.ie
Any person may, within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of receipt by An Bord Pleanála of the application and on payment of the prescribed fee of €20 (except for certain prescribed bodies), make a submission or observation in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, relating to the implications of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concerned and the likely effects on the environment or the likely effects on a European site, as the case may be, of the proposed development, if carried out. Submissions or observations duly made will be considered by An Bord Pleanála in making a decision on the application. Such submissions or observations must also include the following information:
(a) The name of the person, authority or body making the submission or observations, the name of the person, if any, acting on behalf of that person, authority or body, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent,
(b) The subject matter of the submission or observations, and
(c) The reasons, considerations and arguments on which the submission or observations is or are based.
An Bord Pleanála may grant permission for the strategic housing development as proposed, or may grant permission subject to such modifications as it specifies in its decision, or may grant permission in part only, with or without any other modifications it may specify in its decision, or may refuse to grant permission for the proposed development. An Bord Pleanála may attach to a grant of permission such conditions as it considers appropriate.
Any enquiries relating to the application process should be directed to the Strategic Housing Development Section of An Bord Pleanála (Tel. 01-8588100).
Signed: Declan Brassil
Date of erection of site notice: 7 June 2019